Thread: Has Been Compiled By A More Recent Version Of The Java Runtime (Error)

Beans

Has Been Compiled By A More Recent Version Of The Java Runtime (Error)

Hi,

I am currently encountering a persistent issue while attempting to establish a Minecraft server. Despite having the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed on Ubuntu (build 11.0.15.10), an error consistently arises whenever I initiate the server launch.

Code:
    Error: LinkageError occurred while loading main class net.minecraft.bundler.Main
        java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
        net/minecraft/bundler/Main has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 61.0),
        this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 55.0

To address this, I have executed a complete removal and reinstallation of all JRE versions on my server, ensuring only the most recent version is present. Additionally, I have undertaken an upgrade of the server's operating system from Ubuntu 18 to Ubuntu 20. Despite these efforts, the error remains unresolved.

I am reaching out to the community for any insights or solutions to this problem. Your expertise and suggestions would be greatly valued.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
    Last edited by martacostello; January 27th, 2024 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Added More Info