Thread: Posts removed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Posts removed

I would like to know why my posts and the post(s) that agreed with me were removed from the automatix thread.

I was simply urging people to stay on topic and stop picking fights with Arnie. Which I shouldn't of even had to do but, look at that thread. It is riddled with off topic posts.

This forum and community was one of my selling points to my friends for switching to Ubuntu from other distros. I thought this was I nice friendly place and what I've seen on the past several weeks is proving me wrong.

I also hate to say that I believe SOME of the staff is fueling the fire instead of trying to stop it. I think it maybe it's time to sit these guys down and lay out some guidelines.

I just want to see this community grow and these forums be a nice helpfull place.

Beans

Re: Posts removed

I can fully appreciate your motive for the post you made. However the forum you were posting in was the source of a major dispute that had a wide ranging affect on the forum in general.

The moderator who deleted your post did not want to have the despute rekindled and felt your post had all the potential to do so.

I deleted the second post as I had similar feelings.

The forum has been recovering well over the last week and I want that to continue.

I can assure you that the deletions were not personal and we did not have any intention of causing you any upset. If this has I apologise .
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ
    The moderator who deleted your post did not want to have the despute rekindled and felt your post had all the potential to do so.

I deleted the second post as I had similar feelings.

The forum has been recovering well over the last week and I want that to continue.
    Understood. I definately see your point. It was never my intention to rekindle the despute. That is the last thing I want to happen but, I do see how my posts could have done that.

Just an Idea but, I think (with arnie's blessing) that the automatix thread should be stripped of anything not directly related to automatix. I think a lot of new Ubuntu users end up there their first visit to the forums. I don't believe that thread is a good example of the community.

No hard feelings, keep up the good work, and Happy Holidays.

Beans

Do you agree with keeping this the way it is?
    And do you agree to regarding the matter as resolved ?

Regards
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Yes, I understand why the posts should stay deleted and feel this matter has been properly resolved. I also I thank you for handling this issue in timely manner and politely.

Regards