Thread: What these messages mean that I see during shutdown

Beans

What these messages mean that I see during shutdown

Hi,

I am very new to ubuntu so I dont have very in depth understanding. I have two separate laptops (one work and one personal), both of which have dual boot. Laptops have Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS and 20.04.5 LTS, GNOME version 3.36.8, Windowing system X11 and kernel version of 5.15.0-100-generic when I shutdown the laptops they have basically identical messages very rapidly shown on the screen. I am able to boot and shutdown also both laptops with out any other problems. I have attached a screenshot of that message. I hope that some can help me to undestand what those messages mean and if I should do something.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jerekn; March 12th, 2024 at 07:07 AM.

Beans

Re: What these messages mean that I see during shutdown

it just shows what its doing when shutting down ,it's normal no need to do anything

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: What these messages mean that I see during shutdown

Linux is very verbose. Those messages are perfectly normal, as mentioned above by 14nd

If you prefer not to see all those messages you could consider modifying your GRUB file to suppress the verbosity.

Let us know if you want to do that and we can explain how to do it (not difficult at all).